Friday, 14 November 2014

Blog on the Go: Interstellar...

Time to post a new entry for my Blog on the Go series... It was stopped momentarily due to my injury and surgery that, well, made me less on the go.

So this morning, I had my Nth rehab session, of which I lost count of now, and we tried putting full weight bearing on my injured and operated right knee, and it was alright. Then we tried walking without my crutches and used my trusty old cane, and IT was also alright! Next thing I knew, I was able to climb stairs, but still having difficulty going down the stairs; I was able to do simple 10 minute stationary bike exercises; and I did squats.

Finally, being able to walk with my old cane and no longer these crutches or on a wheel chair made me all happy...

After my rehab, I was my regular self, reading nonsense stuff online, playing games here and there, until I received, or missed, a call from my good buddy, who happens to be my favorite resident, and my future boss, Dr. Alex Fajardo. Since I missed his phone call, he decided to text, not to invite, but to ORDER me to go watch a movie with him and the gang. I didn't know what to answer at first, but it so happens he also called up my sister, his boss, Dr. Debbie Udarbe, and she told me that I can go along and even gave me money. What a sis!!

Having also asked permission from my parents, of course, I need to since my injury made them stricter than usual, so as to avoid getting scolded. Getting their blessings... I knew that I am in for a great time with the guys!

And I am not wrong!

I will not go over the movie, you should go catch it yourselves, it is well worth it.

After the movie, we decided to eat, but like every batch of friends, we never know where to eat, so we explored; they were getting worried about my knee, because we were walking long distances, but I managed. But Dr. Alex thought otherwise, and piggy-backed me around the mall as we were looking for a place to eat! That's why we are buddies!!

Here we are, status post dinner:

P_20141114_214356
From left to right: Dr. Alex Fajardo; then my fellow senior medical interns, starting with Dr. Opal Balajadia,
Dr. JC Feliciano, Dr. Taira Cunanan, Dr. Olie Calaguas, Dr. Joed Ticse, Dr. Chan Udarbe (ME!!), and Dr. Mike Paroli

If it weren't for these guys, I wouldn't have known I could walk far now, and I wouldn't have gone out and have fun. I owe these guys a whole bunch! Thank you guys!!

Now I feel more fired up to recover faster...

Til next time!

PEACE!