Friday, 25 January 2013

2013 Week 4: End of Exams!

BAM!

My midterm examinations bit the dust! But why does it seem I was the one that bit the dust? LOL

The exams was like and ECG tracing - ups and downs. There were some exams that were a breeze, and there were A LOT of exams that felt as though those questions were reserved for the consultants in that particular department of medicine. But that's the life of a medical student; this week, as every other examination week, felt like the longest 7 days of my life. I probably lost even more weight than I should! My hair as grown and started to have a mind of its own, as well as my mustache and goatee. Well, the weekend is here to fix that right up; going to get a decent haircut tomorrow and I will shave my facial hair tonight to look slightly more human again. Wish me luck!

With my hellish exams over, I can look forward to this weekend to play with my new toys I got 2 weeks ago; my Macro LED Flash ring and a filter ring mount for reversed lenses during macro photography. I will be trying some macro shots again and try out a series of self portraits (my social accounts photos need to be updated LOL) with the macro LED ring in order to get those ring catchlights on my eyes. I would also want to try and replicate a specific self portrait that I stumbled upon recently; very interesting concept that really got my attention, and I reserve describing it until I post my shots. And oh yeah, I purchased a program where I can tether my Nikon D5000 (you can tether other camera models) and have live view on my desktop or laptop; very helpful for me since when I shoot at my room, I don't always have an assistant for those delicate self portraits.

I am also going to shop around for my much delayed videocard, SSD, optical drive, some specialy made sleeved PSU cables, and order a custom clear window for my Bitfenix Shinobi case; this will make my system build complete for the most part... I still would want a second 23" IPS monitor since I am currently running one paired with my old 17" TN monitor. As I do a lot of media editing, I like having dual monitors to have a bigger real estate in terms of desktop space. Having a 23" on 1920 x 1080 with a 17" 1280 x 1024 can be bothersome for someone as anal as me. I would want my monitors to run at a similar native resolution. But I guess I'll get my second monitor this summer.

My ultimate goal this year, or ultimate purchase this year, is still that Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 lens. But I will save that for Christmas... I've been putting that purchase off for 2 years now LOL

Jeez, I will make the best of these 2 days just to have fun and just regain my lost energy during the exam week.

Meh, I will hit the sack for now.

PEACES!





P.S.

Follow me on Twitter: @ChanUdarbe