Monday, 26 March 2012

When Music and Photography Collide

Meh, I can't think of a better title... it's a quarter until 1am here so you can imagine what is running through my head right now.

As we all know (I hope you know) the reason why I haven't been religiously updating my blogger site is that I have been (forced) to immerse myself in my studies as to gallantly and valiantly overcome the obstacles that come with the exams and ultimately the final exams. I think I have lost even more weight when I am already a thin scrawny little boy (I want to say man but I can hear the groans of many people out there).

But anyways, I am back, and here is my first real photo since coming back. As blogged in my new blog site (http://soul-in-six-strings.blogspot.com/), I have been fixing my gears of war (uhm music) and adding a few things here and there. I usually take photos of these gears with my Iphone especially if I have no intention of being creative in my shots, but fortunately and unfortunately, my Iphone is uncooperative and was forced to use my DSLR.

Having done that, I had one shot in particular that I loved. Not my best, but it is still nice to see... for me at least. It is simply my old Zoom GFX-3 multieffects pedal, with some RCA cables on top of it. You can see the heavy bokeh devouring my Dad's tube amp, speaker cabs, and whatnot.

I had done two edits; one colored and solely post processed in LR3; another using both LR3 and Nik Software Silver Efex Pro 2 to achieve a soft sepia black and white feel.

Here they are:

Sounds of Silence

The Colored Version


Sounds of Silence (Soft Sepia B&W)

Soft Sepia Black and White Version

For the black and white version, I was originally looking for the heavy darks and bright highlights look, but the sepia feel is interesting especially that at this angle, even the Zoom GFX-3 looks as though it came from the 60s or 70s. So I stayed with that feel...

That's it for now; check my Flickr... I have more there. Also my Facebook.

PEACE!!