Tuesday, 20 December 2011

What I got in my mail today...

I'm really just running on pure adrenaline right now having yet to have slept a wink (well, maybe I slept an hour from 12-1pm) because I had to accomplish something the whole night and the whole morning; its like one of those "you're the only one that can do this" type of movies...

What is keeping that darn adrenaline secreting and keeping me all giddy like a high school girl in a (INSERT LATEST HEARTTHROB HERE)'s concert? Well, its a package... no TWO packages from a couple of online camera shops that were delivered via LBC.

*shot from my IPhone*


It was like Santa ditched his reindeer for a moped, lost an immense amount of weight and facial hair, and had dyed his hair just to come by 5 days early (because I've been a good boy all year round) and give my gift.

*Shot from my IPhone*


BAM! Getting all excited and nearly cutting my left index finger just to open the plastic bags just to reveal my orders which are (from left to right) two step up rings and an IR filter.

*Shot from Acer CrystalEye Webcam*


Being an IR filter, it blocks most light and to us, it just seems black; I got the 77mm. I don't want to go into detail on how it affects DSLR sensors, so what better way than to post before and after pictures of my 1st attempt in IR photography! Which will be in my next post LOL

*Shot from Acer CrystalEye Webcam*


Since I currently just own the kit lens, 18-55mm with a 52mm filter thread, and a Sigma 30mm with a 62mm filter thread, I got me two step up rings. In order for me to save a helluva lot of moolah, as mentioned above, I purchased a 77mm IR filter. So, why 77mm in particular? When my largest filter thread available between my lenses is 62mm? Well, I plan to purchase, scratch that, I WILL, purchase me a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 next Christmas and it has a 77mm filter thread size. Now, with the help of the step up rings,  I can just use one filter for all my lenses instead of purchasing one for each... except for UV filters, of course...

As you can see, I didn't take any one of these photos with my DSLR... waste of actuations! So, the quality ain't good, but that doesn't matter. What matters is my next post where I will post my attempt on IR photography!

PEACE!!